Independent agents account for the majority of sales for personal, auto and home insurance for Ohio Casualty Insurance Company, a member of Liberty Mutual Group. To make it easier for agents to do business with the company, Ohio Casualty wanted to provide a web-based agent extranet giving agent’s real-time access to the company’s policy ratting systems for quoting and issuing new business, and for viewing and updating existing customer information. Previously, they could only access the carrier’s mainframe-based system using 3270 green screens. Training agency personnel to use the 3270 system was a burden.
Ohio Casualty selected Intellect SEEC’s Host Integration Builder (HIB) tool to develop a graphical web user interface for key policy transactions. This solution delivered an easy to use interface and more efficient workflows for agents. More than 1000 agents now use the agent extranet for transactions such as policy inquiry, new business, and account updates. The thin-client three-tier-architecture eliminates compatibility and software maintenance issues for the agencies, and was built and deployed in months.
- Agents are extremely satisfied - revenue productivity and agent retention has improved
- Modern yet custom application was deployed in less than 4 months using Host Integration Builder (HIB)
- Template-driven approach reduced development time and ensured consistency across 300 screens
- New application allowed agents the choice to work with the older green screens from within the application, based on their comfort levels
- The thin-client architecture avoids common compatibility issues – no browser restrictions for agents